Mathematics ( IGCSE) Teacher - High School (Overseas Hire)
We are looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the position of Mathematics Teacher at the Multinational School - Riyadh for the 2019 Academic Year.
Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidate will have:
- Maintain exceptional classroom practice
- Promote a well-organised and stimulating learning environment
- Offer enthusiasm and demonstrate a positive approach to students
- Work collaboratively and creatively with colleagues as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer literacy skills: proficiency in Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
Selected candidates will enjoy an attractive remuneration package with the following benefits:
- The salary is tax-free
- There is an End of Service Bonus (ESB) at the end of the 2-year contract
- Accommodation is provided by the school
- Utilities are free for staff residing in one-bedroom apartments. Staff residing in two or three-bedroomed villas are responsible for their own utility bills
- Medical insurance is paid for by the school
- Staff members are entitled to one return flight per year after completing the first year of employment
- The school offers a highly professional working environment with plenty of opportunities for teachers to develop their career
- Transport is provided to and from work. There is also a scheduled weekly “shopping” bus that takes staff to various shopping centres and supermarkets
- Excellent subject knowledge and be aware of developments in the curriculum. The school follows the Australian Curriculum up to Year 8 except for English, Maths, and Science, which start in Cambridge in Year 6. Years 9 - 12 follow the IGCSE/A-level curriculum.
- The school offers a highly professional working environment and plenty of opportunities for training and development
- A formal teaching qualification - bachelor's degree (B.Ed), PGCE, Masters or PhD in the relative subjects
- Minimum of three years teaching experience in a multi-cultural environment
- Qualifications/ training/ experience gained in the UK, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, USA and/or Canada
- Native English speaker
- The school only has visas for South African, British, Australian and New Zealand nationals.
- Saudi Arabia has laws in place regarding age, with 60 being the retirement age for males and 55 for females. Consequently, taking into account the cost of recruitment and the minimum contract period, the school will consider males candidates up to the age of 57 and females candidates up to the age of 52.
- As Saudi Arabia has recently imposed a tax on dependants (spouse and children), preference will be given to single teachers and teaching couples (both need to fit into the advertised positions)